FRITZ!Box 3370 Service - Knowledge Base
MyFRITZ! login failed
It is not possible to log in to myfritz.net or you cannot log in to the MyFRITZ! home page of your FRITZ!Box. After you enter your account information, the error message "Login failed" or "Login for [...] failed" is displayed.
Since your FRITZ!Box only transmits the IP address at which it can be reached in the Internet to the MyFRITZ! service and not any personal data, two different login processes take place when using MyFRITZ! to access your FRITZ!Box:
- Logging into the MyFRITZ! service
- First you log in to your MyFRITZ! account on the myfritz.net website; to do so, you must enter your e-mail address and personal MyFRITZ! password.
- This login information is saved in encrypted form on our MyFRITZ! servers when you create the MyFRITZ! account and verified when you login with myfritz.net. Then myfritz.net redirects you to your own FRITZ!Box.
- Logging into the FRITZ!Box
- After being automatically redirected to the MyFRITZ! home page of your FRITZ!Box, you then have to log in to your FRITZ!Box itself. For this purpose, your FRITZ!Box has its own user administration that is completely independent of MyFRITZ!.
- User names and passwords of FRITZ!Box users are not known to the MyFRITZ! service or AVM; instead, they are stored exclusively in the FRITZ!Box and verified during login with this FRITZ!Box.
Depending on whether you are unable to log in to the MyFRITZ! service or your FRITZ!Box, follow the instructions in the corresponding section.
1 Logging into the MyFRITZ! service fails
The following steps are only necessary if you cannot log in to myfritz.net:
- Call up myfritz.net in a web browser.
- In the "E-mail address" field, enter the e-mail address you used when registering your MyFRITZ! account. This is the e-mail address displayed under "Internet > MyFRITZ! account" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Solve the CAPTCHA.
- In the "Password" field, enter the password you set for the MyFRITZ! account.
Note:If you do not remember the password, you can set a new password for your MyFRITZ! account.
- Click on "To My FRITZ!Box".
2 Logging into the FRITZ!Box fails
The following step is only necessary if you are redirected to your FRITZ!Box after logging in to myfritz.net, but you cannot log in to the MyFRITZ! home page of your FRITZ!Box:
- In the corresponding fields, enter the user name or the e-mail address and password of a FRITZ!Box user who is authorized to access the FRITZ!Box from the Internet and click "Log in".