FRITZ!Box 3390 Service - Knowledge Base
Using an Internet radio receiver in the FRITZ!Box home network
You can easily connect your Internet radio receiver (for example a wireless radio, sound system equipped with a network port) to the FRITZ!Box's wireless network (WiFi). If the Internet radio has a network port, you can connect it to a LAN port on your FRITZ!Box instead. The Internet radio can then access the Internet and be used as a playback device for music files in the FRITZ!Box home network.
Enabling the FRITZ!Box's DHCP server
The FRITZ!Box is configured as a DHCP server in the factory settings. If you disabled the FRITZ!Box's DHCP server, configure the following settings:
- Click "Home Network" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Home Network Overview" in the "Home Network" menu.
- Click on the "Network Settings" tab.
- Click the "IPv4 Addresses" button.
- Enable the DHCP server and define the range from which the FRITZ!Box assigns IP addresses.
Note:The FRITZ!Box uses the IP address 192.168.178.1 (subnet mask 255.255.255.0) and assigns IP addresses from xxx.20 to xxx.200 in the factory settings.
- Click "OK" to save the settings.
Setting up the FRITZ!Box as a Media Server
The following step is only necessary if you wish to use the Internet radio to play music files from the FRITZ!Box Media Server:
- Set up the FRITZ!Box as a Media Server.
2 Setting up the Internet radio
The Internet radio needs special IP settings in order to communicate with the FRITZ!Box and other network devices in the home network:
- Configure the Internet radio to automatically obtain IP settings (DHCP client).
Note:You can find information on configuring the Internet radio in its manual, or consult its manufacturer directly.
3 Connecting an Internet radio to a FRITZ!Box
- Use a network cable to connect the Internet radio to a LAN port on the FRITZ!Box;
- or, if the Internet radio has a wireless module:
- Connect the Internet radio to the FRITZ!Box's wireless network.
Now the Internet radio is connected to the Internet via the FRITZ!Box. It can play files from media servers in the FRITZ!Box home network, such as the Windows Media Player.
Note:You can find additional information on configuring the Internet radio in its manual, or consult its manufacturer directly.