FRITZ!Box 4020 Service - Knowledge Base
SMB versions supported by the FRITZ!Box
The FRITZ!Box supports version 1.0 of the network protocol SMB. Currently the FRITZ!Box does not support version 2 or 3 of the SMB protocol (SMB2, SMB3).
If you do not want to use SMB 1.0, you can simply use http://fritz.nas in a web browser to access USB storage devices connected to the FRITZ!Box. You can also use the FTP protocol to access the storage devices, for example with Cyberduck, FileZilla, or WinSCP.
If you uninstalled SMB 1.0 from your Windows computer, you can reinstall the protocol on it:
- Enter sys in the search box in the Windows taskbar and then select "Control Panel".
- Select "Category" from the drop-down list "View by:" on the top right ().
- Click "Programs" and then "Programs and Features".
- Click "Turn Windows features on or off".
- Enable the option "SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support" in the window "Windows Features" and click "OK".
- Click "Restart now" to complete the installation procedure.