FRITZ!Box 6490 Service - Knowledge Base
Cannot access the FRITZ!Box with MyFRITZ!
The MyFRITZ! home page of your FRITZ!Box cannot be opened:
- When you log in to myfritz.net, you are not automatically redirected to the MyFRITZ! home page of the FRITZ!Box.
- After selecting a FRITZ!Box in the overview of devices on myfritz.net, the MyFRITZ! home page of that FRITZ!Box is not displayed.
- You cannot use a FRITZ!Box's unique MyFRITZ! domain name (for example https://pi80ewgfi72d2os42.myfritz.net) to call up the FRITZ!Box's MyFRITZ! home page.
One of the following error messages is displayed by your web browser:
- "The page cannot be displayed"
- "This webpage is not available"
- "Error: Network Timeout"
- "Site cannot be reached"
- "Session Timeout"
- "Data Transfer Interrupted"
- "The server [...]myfritz.net took too long to respond"
- "404 not found"
- "requested resource was not found"
Simply proceed as described below. After each measure, check whether the issue persists.
1 Checking whether a public IP address was obtained
You can only access the FRITZ!Box over the internet if the FRITZ!Box obtains a public IP address from your internet service provider when it connects to the internet:
Important:The FRITZ!Box can only be accessed over IPv6 when used on a DS-Lite internet connection. When DS-Lite is active, the status "IPv4 over DS Lite" is displayed under "Connections" on the "Overview" page of the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Check the address range of the IP address that the internet service provider assigned to the FRITZ!Box.
- If the FRITZ!Box obtained a public IP address, proceed with the following section.
- You cannot access the FRITZ!Box over the internet if the FRITZ!Box obtained a private IP address.
2 Enabling internet access to the FRITZ!Box via HTTPS
- Click "Internet" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "MyFRITZ! account" in the "Internet" menu.
- Enable the option "Internet access to the FRITZ!Box via HTTPS enabled" in the "FRITZ!Box Internet Access" section.
- Click "Apply" to save the settings.