FRITZ!Box 6490 Service - Knowledge Base
Configuring an analog telephone in the FRITZ!Box
You can connect your analog telephones to the FRITZ!Box. Once you have configured the telephones, you can make calls with them using all of the telephone numbers you entered in the FRITZ!Box.
1 Configuring telephone numbers in the FRITZ!Box
First, configure all of your telephone numbers in the FRITZ!Box:
- Configure your Internet telephone numbers in the FRITZ!Box.
2 Connecting the telephone to the FRITZ!Box
- Connect the telephone to an analog extension on your FRITZ!Box (for example "FON 1").
3 Configuring a telephone in the FRITZ!Box
- Click "Telephony" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Telephony Devices" in the "Telephony" menu.
- Click the "Configure New Device" button.
- Enable the option "Telephone (with or without answering machine)" and click "Next".
- Select the port (for example "FON 1") that you connected the telephone to and click "Next". A wizard takes you through the configuration.
Important:If you cannot select the extension the telephone is connected to when configuring it, then a different telephony device has already been configured for this extension. You must delete this device first.