FRITZ!Box 6810 LTE Service - Knowledge Base
Updating FRITZ!OS manually
The Online Update function allows you to install the latest FRITZ!OS for your FRITZ!Box quickly and easily. However, in some cases you cannot use the online update function, for instance when the FRITZ!Box is not connected to the internet. In this case you can update it manually.
1 Downloading the FRITZ!OS file
- Call up ftp://ftp.avm.de/fritzbox/ in your web browser.
- Switch to the folder for your FRITZ!Box model, then to the subfolder "other", and then to the folder "fritz.os".
Note:The complete model name of your FRITZ!Box is displayed in the FRITZ!Box user interface on the "Overview" page and on the underside of the device.
- Download the file with the extension ".image" to the computer.
2 Installing the latest FRITZ!OS
- Click "System" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Update" or "Firmware Update" in the "System" menu.
- Click on the "FRITZ!OS File" or "Firmware File" tab. If the tab is not displayed, enable the Advanced View first.
- Click "Save Settings".
Note:Save your FRITZ!Box settings again under "System > Backup" right after successfully completing the installation. Then you can always restore it to a working configuration.
- Click the "Browse..." or "Choose File" button.
- Select the FRITZ!OS file that you downloaded (image file) and click the "Open" button.
- Click the "Start Update" button.
Now the latest FRITZ!OS is installed. If you enable the option "Notify me about new versions of FRITZ!OS and install new versions automatically" under "System > Update > Auto-Update" in the user interface, then future updates will be installed automatically.