FRITZ!Box 6810 LTE Service - Knowledge Base
Installing an older FRITZ!OS (downgrade)
The latest FRITZ!OS provides new and improved functions and resolves known issues. We also continuously adapt and improve security functions to take current requirements into account, which protects you against new, potential threats. Using the latest FRITZ!OS ensures maximum safety in your home network.
It is possible to reinstall an older FRITZ!OS (downgrade). However, for these reasons we do not recommend it.
Important:Some of the settings described here are only displayed if the advanced view is enabled in the user interface.
1 Downloading the FRITZ!OS file
- Call up https://service.avm.de/downloads/ in a web browser.
- Switch to the folder "Downgrade", then to the subfolder for your FRITZ!Box model, and then to the folder "english".
- Download the file with the file extension ".image" to the computer.
2 Installing older FRITZ!OS
- Click "System" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Update" or "Firmware Update" in the "System" menu.
- Click on the "FRITZ!OS File" or "Firmware File" tab.
- Click "Save Settings".
Note:Save your FRITZ!Box settings again under "System > Backup" right after successfully completing the installation. Then you can always restore it to a working configuration.
- Click the "Browse..." or "Choose File" button.
- Select the FRITZ!OS file that you downloaded (image file) and click the "Open" button.
- Click the "Start Update" button.
The "Info" LED flashes while the update is being transmitted to the repeater.
Now the older FRITZ!OS is installed. If you saved the settings for your FRITZ!Box, you can now restore them.