FRITZ!Box 6810 LTE Service - Knowledge Base
Setting up dynamic DNS in the FRITZ!Box
With dynamic DNS, you can always access applications and services for which you configured port sharing in the FRITZ!Box (for example Microsoft Remote Desktop) at a fixed domain name from the Internet at all times, even though the public IP address of the FRITZ!Box changes on a regular basis.
Note:You can also use MyFRITZ! to access your FRITZ!Box and the home network safely and conveniently from the Internet at any time.
Requirements / Restrictions
- The FRITZ!Box must obtain a public IPv4 address or an IPv6 address from the Internet service provider.
1 Setting up dynamic DNS
- Click "Internet" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Permit Access" in the "Internet" menu.
- Click on the "Dynamic DNS" tab.
- Click the "Help" icon.
- Configure the dynamic DNS domain name as described in the FRITZ!Box help.
- Click "Apply" to save your settings.
Now the FRITZ!Box will transmit its current IP address to the Dynamic DNS provider each time it connects to the Internet so that the FRITZ!Box can always be contacted via its distinct dynamic DNS domain name.