FRITZ!Box 6810 LTE Service - Knowledge Base
- FRITZ!Box 7272
- FRITZ!Box 6840 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6820 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 4040
- FRITZ!Box 4020
Push service mails cannot be sent
The FRITZ!Box cannot send push service mails with connection and usage data, messages from its internal answering machine or faxes from its internal fax server.
One of the following error messages is displayed in the event log of the FRITZ!Box:
- "E-mail delivery failed: SMTP server reports [...]"
- "E-mail delivery failed: TCP error"
- "Sending of an e-mail message failed. Reason: authentication error."
- "Sending of an e-mail message failed. Reason: TCP error."
- The SMTP server entered in your FRITZ!Box for your e-mail provider does not respond to the connection request sent by the FRITZ!Box, for example due to incorrect account information or because your e-mail provider is experiencing technical difficulties.
Note:The configuration procedure and notes on functions given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for your FRITZ!Box.
1 Adjusting the e-mail account settings
Many providers employ special security mechanisms to protect their e-mail accounts. They may also prevent push service mails from being sent:
Adjusting your Google account settings
Adjusting your Microsoft account settings
Adjusting your Apple account settings
2 Setting up e-mail account information for push services
- Click "System" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Push Service" in the "System" menu.
- Click the "Configure Push Service" button, if present. If it is not displayed, click the "Sender" tab.
- Enter your e-mail address and password.
- Click "Account Information - Additional Settings".
- The following values are entered automatically if you select a preconfigured provider as your e-mail provider in the FRITZ!Box.
- Enter the user name for the e-mail account in the "E-mail user name" field.
- Enter the SMTP server in the "SMTP server" field.
- Enter the port used by the server to communicate (for example 587 if the server does not use port 25 to communicate) in the "Port" field.
Important:Your e-mail provider can tell you what to enter for the SMTP server.
- Enable the option "This server supports a secure connection (SSL)" if the server supports it.
- Click the "Next" button.
- A test e-mail is sent to the e-mail address you entered.
3 Contacting your provider
- Contact your e-mail provider.