FRITZ!Box 6810 LTE Service - Knowledge Base
Assigning a unique network name (SSID) to the FRITZ!Box
In the factory settings, a common wireless network name (SSID) is preset in the FRITZ!Box. If you want your wireless devices to specifically connect to the FRITZ!Box's wireless network (WiFi), you must give it a unique wireless network name.
1 Changing the name of the wireless network (SSID)
- Click "Wireless" ("WLAN") in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Radio Network" in the "Wireless" ("WLAN") menu.
- Enter a name of your choice that does not contain special characters in the field "Name of the wireless radio network (SSID)".
Important:Not all wireless devices support all special characters. Therefore, only use standard Latin letters (not letters such as ä, ë, ö, ü, á, é, í) and numbers in the wireless network name.
- Click "Apply" to save your settings.
2 Setting up the wireless connection
- Use your wireless device to search for wireless networks in the vicinity.
Note:You can find instructions on establishing wireless connections in the manual, or consult the manufacturer of the operating system or wireless device.
- Select your FRITZ!Box's wireless network and enter the network key if you are asked to do so.