FRITZ!Box 6810 LTE Service - Knowledge Base
Suppressing your telephone number
You can suppress your telephone number when making calls so that it is not transmitted to the party you are calling. That way the party you are calling does not see your number in the display of their telephone. This function is called "CLIR" (Calling Line Identification Restriction). You can either suppress your caller ID for a single call or permanently suppress it for all calls.
- Your telephony provider must have enabled Calling Line Identification Restriction (CLIR) on a call-by-call basis for your telephone line.
1 Enabling CLIR on a case-by-case basis (only for a single call)
You can suppress your caller ID for a single call. Your caller ID will be transmitted again when you make subsequent calls:
Configuring a telephone to use the keypad function
Suppressing your telephone number for the next call
- When making a telephone call, dial the prefix *31# before the number you would like to call. Your caller ID will then be suppressed for this call.
In order to suppress your number when calling the telephone number 0301234, dial *31#0301234.
2 Permanently suppressing your caller ID (for all calls)
You can also permanently suppress your caller ID for all calls. To do so, you must enable CLIR (Calling Line Identification Restriction) in the FRITZ!Box or your telephone. The procedure depends on the type of telephone you are using:
Note:If you have enabled permanent suppression of the caller ID, you can still transmit your caller ID for one call. To do so, simply dial the prefix #31# before the actual number, for example #31#0301234. Your caller ID will now be transmitted only for this call and suppressed for the following calls.
Enabling CLIR for cordless telephones
- Click "Telephony" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Telephony Devices" in the "Telephony" menu.
- Click the button (Edit) for the respective telephone.
- Click on the "Telephony Device Features" tab.
- Enable the option "Calling line identification restriction (CLIR)".
- Click "OK" to save the settings.
Enabling CLIR for IP telephones
- Enable the CLIR function directly on the IP telephone. Refer to the device's manufacturer for information on how to set it up, for example consult the manual.
Note:You can enable CLIR in FRITZ!App Fon by tapping "More > Settings > CLIR on".