FRITZ!Box 7272 Service - Knowledge Base
Did not receive e-mail with MyFRITZ! registration link
The registration of a MyFRITZ! account can not be completed because you did not receive an e-mail with a registration link from MyFRITZ!.
Note:The configuration procedure and notes on functions given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for your FRITZ!Box.
Simply proceed as described below. After each measure, check whether the issue persists.
1 Checking the e-mail address
- Click "Internet" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "MyFRITZ! account" in the "Internet" menu.
- Check whether the e-mail address you entered contains any typing errors.
- If the e-mail address was entered incorrectly:
- Click on the link "Another MyFRITZ! account" next to the e-mail address and repeat the configuration of the MyFRITZ! account.
2 Checking the folders of your e-mail account
Your e-mail provider or your e-mail client may mistakenly identify e-mails sent by MyFRITZ! as unwanted advertising (spam) and move them from your inbox to a different folder of your e-mail inbox:
- Check the spam folder of your e-mail account for an e-mail sent by MyFRITZ! (the sender address is: firstname.lastname@example.org).
Important:Some e-mail providers automatically sort out e-mails they believe are spam and do not forward them to e-mail clients. If your e-mail provider does this, you must check your spam folder on your provider's website.
3 Repeating the MyFRITZ! registration procedure
Deleting a MyFRITZ! account
The following step is only necessary if you attempted to set up the MyFRITZ! account no longer than 48 hours ago:
Note:If you do not successfully register a MyFRITZ! account, after two days all corresponding data is automatically deleted from the AVM FRITZ! server.
- Call up myfritz.net in a web browser.
- Enter the e-mail address you used to register with MyFRITZ! in the field.
- Solve the CAPTCHA.
- Enter your MyFRITZ! password and click "MyFRITZ! Device Overview" (see fig.).
Fig.: Calling up the MyFRITZ! device overview
- Click on the three dots in the upper-right corner of the web page and then "Delete MyFRITZ! Account".
- Solve the CAPTCHA.
- Enable the option "Yes, I would like to delete my MyFRITZ! account" and click the button "Delete MyFRITZ! Account".
Now your MyFRITZ! account has been deleted and you can register a new MyFRITZ! account using the same e-mail address.