FRITZ!Box 7330 Service - Knowledge Base
Registering a MyFRITZ! account and configuring it in the FRITZ!Box
MyFRITZ! grants you secure access to your FRITZ!Box from the Internet. This way you can do the following with your smartphone, tablet or computer from anywhere in the world at any time:
- check the FRITZ!Box's call list and listen to voice messages recorded by the FRITZ!Box answering machine.
- access FRITZ!NAS in order to upload or download files, or play multimedia contents.
- check the status information and change settings in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- control smart home devices in the FRITZ!Box home network (for example FRITZ!DECT 200) and check the power consumption of the connected devices.
Your personal data is stored exclusively in the FRITZ!Box at all times and is not transferred to AVM's MyFRITZ! service or to any other service or provider.
To use MyFRITZ!, you only need to create a personal MyFRITZ! account and configure it in your FRITZ!Box. Please take note of the MyFRITZ! terms and conditions of use.
Requirements / Restrictions
- The FRITZ!Box must obtain a public IPv4 address or an IPv6 address from the Internet service provider.
Important:The FRITZ!Box is only accessible from the Internet over IPv6 when used on a DS-Lite ("Dual-Stack Lite") connection. When DS-Lite is active, the status "IPv4 over DS Lite" is displayed under "Connections" on the "Overview" page of the FRITZ!Box user interface.
1 Installing the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Box
- Install the latest FRITZ!OS on your FRITZ!Box.
2 Setting up a MyFRITZ! account and configuring it in the FRITZ!Box
- Click "Internet" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "MyFRITZ!" in the "Internet" menu.
- If the option "MyFRITZ! enabled for this FRITZ!Box" is displayed, enable it and then click on the "Another MyFRITZ! account" link to the right of the e-mail address.
- Enable the option "Create a new MyFRITZ! account".
- Enter your e-mail address in the "E-mail address" field.
- Enter a password of your choice in the "MyFRITZ! password" field and click "Next".
Note:In the future you will need the MyFRITZ! password to log in to the MyFRITZ! service on myfritz.net. Then myfritz.net redirects you to your FRITZ!Box.
- Confirm the message "Configuring Internet Access to the FRITZ!Box" with "Next". If you have not set up any users yet:
- Enter a name and password for the user in the corresponding fields.
- Click "Continue".
Note:The password for the FRITZ!Box user is not transmitted to the MyFRITZ! service. Instead, it is only stored in your FRITZ!Box. In the future you will need it to log in to your FRITZ!Box once you have been redirected to it by myfritz.net. For security reasons, the password for the FRITZ!Box user must be different from the MyFRITZ! password.
- Click "Finish".
- Now MyFRITZ! will send an e-mail to the e-mail address you entered.
- Open the e-mail from MyFRITZ! and click on the link to confirm the creation of your MyFRITZ! account.
Important:If you did not receive the e-mail, then it is likely that your e-mail provider or e-mail client thought it was spam and moved it to the spam folder. In this case, check the spam folder in your mailbox.
- Click the "Activate Account" button to complete the registration procedure.
- Now MyFRITZ! will send you an e-mail confirming that your MyFRITZ! account was successfully created.
Once you have finished setting it up, the FRITZ!Box automatically registers with MyFRITZ! and you can use myfritz.net to access your FRITZ!Box (see fig.).
Fig.: Logging into myfritz.net