FRITZ!Box 7340 Service - Knowledge Base
Calls cannot be made to premium-rate numbers
You cannot use a telephone connected to the FRITZ!Box to make calls to premium-rate telephone numbers. Instead, you either hear a busy signal or a message stating that the number cannot be reached.
1 Creating dialing rules for premium-rate numbers
Some Internet telephony providers do not allow you to dial premium-rate numbers. Therefore, configure the FRITZ!Box so that it makes calls to premium-rate numbers over your landline:
Important:For this, the FRITZ!Box must be connected to a landline (analog or ISDN).
- Click "Telephony" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Call Handling" in the "Telephony" menu.
- Click on the "Dialing Rules" tab.
- Create a dialing rule for premium-rate numbers so that calls to these numbers are made over your landline.
- Click "OK" to save the settings.
Note:You can find detailed instructions on creating dialing rules in the FRITZ!Box's help. To open it, click the "Help" icon in the FRITZ!Box user interface.