FRITZ!Box 7340 Service - Knowledge Base
Using a Nintendo Switch in the FRITZ!Box home network
You can easily connect your Nintendo Switch console to your FRITZ!Box over wireless LAN (WiFi). Then you can use your Nintendo Switch to play with other users all over the world and access the Nintendo eShop.
Note:The configuration procedure and notes on functions given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for your FRITZ!Box.
1 Enabling the FRITZ!Box's DHCP server
In the factory settings, the FRITZ!Box automatically assigns the correct IP settings to all devices via DHCP. If you disabled the FRITZ!Box's DHCP server, re-enable it:
- Click "Home Network" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Network" in the "Home Network" menu.
- Click on the "Network Settings" tab.
- Click the "IPv4 Addresses" button. If the button is not displayed, enable the Advanced View first.
- Enable the DHCP server and define the range from which the FRITZ!Box assigns IP addresses.
Note:The FRITZ!Box has the IP address 192.168.178.1 (subnet mask 255.255.255.0) and assigns IP addresses from xxx.20 to xxx.200 in the factory settings.
- Click "OK" to save the settings.
2 Connecting the Nintendo Switch to the FRITZ!Box
- Tap the "System Settings" button in the main menu of the Nintendo Switch.
- Tap "Internet" in the "System Settings" menu.
- Tap "Internet Settings".
- In the list of available networks, tap the one that displays the name of the FRITZ!Box's wireless network (SSID).
Note:This guide contains information on determining the FRITZ!Box's wireless settings.
- Enter the FRITZ!Box's network key and confirm the entry.
- Now the wireless connection is configured and then established.
- Tap "OK" to save the connection settings.
Now the Nintendo Switch is connected to the internet via the FRITZ!Box. You can play online games or access Nintendo's eShop.
Note:To play online games with the Nintendo Switch, it is not necessary to set up port sharing in the FRITZ!Box. You can find further information on setting up the Nintendo Switch on the Nintendo website, for example.