FRITZ!Box 7360 Service - Knowledge Base
Switching FRITZ!DECT according to temperature
You can set up switching for FRITZ!DECT that is based on temperature. In this case either FRITZ!DECT itself or a radiator control (FRITZ!DECT 300, Comet DECT) measures the temperature. FRITZ!DECT's socket is then either switched on or off when the specified temperature is reached.
Requirements / Restrictions
- FRITZ!DECT 200 can be operated in a temperature range from 0 °C – 40 °C. It can measure temperatures between 0 °C – 40 °C.
- FRITZ!DECT 210 can be operated in a temperature range from -20 °C – +40 °C. It can measure temperatures between 0 °C – 40 °C.
Note:The configuration procedure and notes on functions given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for your FRITZ!Box.
1 Setting up switching based on temperature
First you must set up a group with the smart home devices whose sockets should be switched on or off automatically as soon as a certain temperature is reached. The group may also consist of a single FRITZ!DECT device. Next, set up switching for the group:
- Click "Home Network" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Smart Home" in the "Home Network" menu.
- Click the "New Group" button.
- If you are asked to do so, select the option "Switching Actuators" and click on "OK".
- Enter a name for the group and select the smart home devices you would like to switch together in the group.
- Select the devices that you would like to switch in the group.
- Click the "OK" button.
- The group is created.
- Enable the option "Switching a Group Automatically" and enable the option "Temperature".
- Enable the option "Heat" or "Cool", depending on the connected device (for example fan heaters or air-conditioning).
- Select the device on which the temperature is to be measured from the drop-down list "Temperature sensor". It is not necessary for the temperature sensor to belong to the group.
Note:FRITZ!DECT or the radiator controls FRITZ!DECT 300 and Comet DECT measure the temperature at least once every 15 minutes and transmit the temperature measured to the FRITZ!Box every 2 minutes. You can see the temperature readings under "Home Network" > "Smart Home" in the user interface.
- If you selected the option "Heat", set the "Comfort temperature" and "Cool-down temperature". If you selected the option "Cool", select the "Desired temperature". The sockets then switch on or off when the temperature you specified is reached.
- Select the desired switching times in the weekly calendar by clicking on them or holding down the left mouse button while you drag the mouse across the desired times.
- Click "OK" to save the settings.