FRITZ!Box 7360 Service - Knowledge Base
Media files are not displayed
When playback devices or software access the FRITZ!Box Media Server, they do not display media files although they are contained contained on the FRITZ!Box's storage (NAS).
- The FRITZ!Box did not index the media files or the FRITZ!Box does not support the file format (for example audio, video and container format).
Note:The configuration procedure and notes on functions given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for your FRITZ!Box.
1 Installing the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Box
- Install the latest FRITZ!OS on your FRITZ!Box.
2 Updating the file index
The FRITZ!Box does not index media files automatically. To display your media files, you must manually update the file index of the FRITZ!Box using a playback device or software that supports UPnP (for example FRITZ!Fon):
Using FRITZ!Fon to update the file index
- Press the "Menu" key on the telephone.
- Select "Home Network" and then press "OK".
- "Media player" > "OK" > "AVM FRITZ!Mediaserver" > "OK" > "File index" > "OK" > "Start Indexing"
Updating the file index using UPnP
- Use a playback device or software that supports UPnP to call up the FRITZ!Box Media Server and click on the entry "File Index".
- Click "Start Indexing" in the "File Index" menu.
3 File format is not supported
Media files come in many different file formats (such as audio, video and container format), not all of which are supported by the FRITZ!Box Media Server. You will find an overview of the file formats supported by the Media Server in this guide.
Playback devices or software display media files if the FRITZ!Box Media Server supports their file format. However, if the FRITZ!Box cannot interpret the TAG information of a particular media file, then it is only displayed in the view "Folder" and "All tracks", "All videos" or "All images" (depending on the file type).
Playback devices or software do not display media files if the FRITZ!Box Media Server does not support their file formats.