FRITZ!Box 7360 Service - Knowledge Base
Picking up a call from an answering machine or a different telephone (pickup)
If a telephone connected to your FRITZ!Box rings, you can also pick up the incoming call with a different telephone connected to the FRITZ!Box. You can also pick up calls that have already been accepted by an answering machine. The answering machine can either be connected to your FRITZ!Box, or it can be enabled directly in the FRITZ!Box.
Note:The configuration procedure and notes on functions given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for your FRITZ!Box.
In order to pick up calls that were already accepted by an answering machine, you must configure the device as an answering machine in the FRITZ!Box:
- Click "Telephony" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Telephony Devices" in the "Telephony" menu.
- If the answering machine is already displayed in the list of telephony devices, click the button (Delete) for the device.
- Click the "Configure New Device" button.
- If the answering machine is connected to an analog extension of the FRITZ!Box, enable the option "Answering Machine", even if it is a telephone with an answering machine.
Important:If the option is not available, then the analog port is in use. Delete telephony device first and then configure the answering machine.
- Click "Next" and follow the instructions.
2 Picking up a call from an answering machine or a telephone
Configuring a telephone to use the keypad function
Keypad sequences are strings of characters and digits that can be used to enable or disable functions. You can use keypad sequences right away with telephones, such as FRITZ!Fon C5, that are registered with the base station of your FRITZ!Box. If you are using a cordless telephone that is not registered with the FRITZ!Box's base station, you must first set up the keypad function:
- Configure the devices so that you can send keypad sequences (sequences of symbols and digits, such as *121#) and dial special characters such as * and # with them. With many telephones, you can use the menu "Operation at a PBX > Dialing options > Dial * and #" to configure this.
Picking up a call
- Lift the receiver of the telephone you would like to pick up the call with and dial *09.
The call is picked up and you can speak with the caller.