FRITZ!Box 7360 Service - Knowledge Base
Setting up LAN guest access in the FRITZ!Box
The FRITZ!Box's LAN guest access allows computers, game consoles, and other devices to use the fast and secure Internet access of your FRITZ!Box without allowing them to access your home network or the FRITZ!Box user interface. For instance, this means that your neighbor can use your Internet connection via FRITZ!Powerline but not access your personal data.
Requirements / Restrictions
- The FRITZ!Box must establish its own connection to the Internet using its integrated DSL modem.
- IPTV playback and individual FRITZ!Box functions (such as port sharing, telephony) are not available when using guest access.
Note:The configuration procedure and notes on functions given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for your FRITZ!Box.
1 Setting up guest access in the FRITZ!Box
- Click "Home Network" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Home Network Overview" in the "Home Network" menu.
- Click on the "Network Settings" tab.
- Enable the option "Guest access enabled for LAN 4".
- Click "Apply" to save your settings.
2 Configuring a network device as a DHCP client
- Configure the network device to automatically obtain IP settings (DHCP).
3 Connecting the network device to the FRITZ!Box
- Use a network cable to connect the network device to the "LAN 4" port on the FRITZ!Box.
Note:You can also use an additional hub/switch to connect several devices with the guest access.
The network device is now connected to the Internet by means of the FRITZ!Box's guest access.
Note:Refer to the manufacturer for further information on how to set up the device, for example consult the manual.