FRITZ!Box 7430 Service - Knowledge Base
Integrating FRITZ!Box into the home network via network cable
You can use a network cable to connect your FRITZ!Box to an existing FRITZ!Box and configure it so that it uses the first FRITZ!Box's internet connection (operation as Mesh Repeater / IP client).
Internet and telephony services configured in the FRITZ!Box with internet access are then available to the FRITZ!Box in the home network and the devices connected to that FRITZ!Box, such as computers and telephones.
Note:The configuration procedure and notes on functions given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for your FRITZ!Box.
1 Configuring the FRITZ!Box
- Either use a network cable or wireless LAN to connect a computer to the FRITZ!Box you want to use in the home network. If the computer is already connected to the FRITZ!Box that establishes the internet connection, clear this connection.
Configuring the operating mode
- Click "Home Network" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click on "Mesh Networking" in the "Home Network" menu.
- Click on the "Mesh Settings" tab.
- Enable the option "Mesh Repeater" in the "Mesh Operating Mode" section.
- Enable the option "This FRITZ!Box is a network device (IP client) in the home network [...]".
- Enable the option "via LAN".
- Click "Apply" to save the settings.
The FRITZ!Box is now configured for for operation in the home network.
Important:In this operating mode, the FRITZ!Box can no longer be reached at http://fritz.box. Instead, to access it you must use the Mesh or home network overview of the FRITZ!Box with internet access or use the IP address that is assigned to it.
2 Connecting the FRITZ!Box
- Use a network cable to connect the LAN port on the FRITZ!Box either directly or by means of a hub or switch to a LAN port on the FRITZ!Box with internet access.
3 Setting up Mesh
If FRITZ!OS 6.90 or later is installed on the FRITZ!Box with internet access, connect the devices to a Mesh.
- Push and hold the connect button on your FRITZ!Box with internet access until its "WLAN" LED flashes. Other LEDs may also flash.
- Within 2 minutes: Push and hold the connect button on the FRITZ!Box in the home network until its confirmation LED lights up. Other LEDs may also light up.
FRITZ!Box model Connect button Confirmation LED FRITZ!Box 7590, 7530 Connect / WPS Connect / WPS FRITZ!Box 7580, 4040, 3490 WPS Info FRITZ!Box 7560, 7362 SL WLAN Info FRITZ!Box 7490, 7430, 6490, 5491 WLAN WPS Info FRITZ!Box 6591, 6590 Connect / WPS Info
- The process is complete as soon as the FRITZ!Box with internet access marks the FRITZ!Box with the Mesh symbol in the Mesh or home network overview.
4 Setting up telephony
If you also want to use the telephone numbers configured in the FRITZ!Box with internet access with telephones connected to the FRITZ!Box in the home network:
- Configure the FRITZ!Box for making telephone calls over the other FRITZ!Box. If FRITZ!OS 7 is installed on the FRITZ!Box with internet access, configure telephony in the Mesh instead.