FRITZ!Fon C4 Service - Knowledge Base
FRITZ!Fon constantly indicates received calls
The display of your FRITZ!Fon keeps indicating that you received calls from one of your own telephone numbers, although you did not receive calls from this number. The word "EMAIL", "FAX" or "VOICE" may be displayed in front of your own number.
- Since your telephony provider supports MWI (Message Waiting Indication), your telephone displays these messages to indicate that you have new messages in your mailbox.
Note:The configuration procedure and notes on functions given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for your FRITZ!Box.
Disabling MWI in the FRITZ!Box
Your telephony provider's online customer center enables you to configure how and whether you are notified when new messages arrive. Normally, your telephone no longer signals calls as soon as you have listened to all new messages. Your telephony provider can provide you with information on using the mailbox and MWI signaling. You can disable MWI in the FRITZ!Box if your telephone reacts to calls to an internet telephone and the indication bothers you:
- Click "Telephony" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Telephone Numbers" in the "Telephony" menu.
- Click the button (Edit) for the respective internet telephone number.
- Select "Other provider" from the drop-down list.
- Disable the option "Provider supports MWI (RFC 3842)". If the field is not displayed, enable the Advanced View first.
- Click "OK" to save the settings.