FRITZ!Fon C4 Service - Knowledge Base
FRITZ!Fon restarts frequently
The FRITZ!Fon restarts frequently. The restarts occur for example when conducting calls, listening to messages on the answering machine, or playing music files from the FRITZ!Box media server.
Simply proceed as described below. After each measure, check whether the problem persists.
1 Installing the latest software for your telephone
- Install the latest software on the telephone.
2 Resetting the telephone and re-registering all telephones
The problem may be caused by inconsistent settings in the FRITZ!Box or the FRITZ!Fon, for example due to repeatedly registering and deregistering the telephone or after updating the software. Therefore, restore the FRITZ!Fon to factory settings and then use the wizard in the FRITZ!Box user interface to register all cordless telephones to the FRITZ!Box:
- Click "DECT" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Cordless Telephones" in the "DECT" menu.
- Click the corresponding button (Delete) to delete all of the cordless telephones that are registered.
Restoring the telephone to its factory settings
- Press the "Menu" key on the telephone.
- Scroll to "Settings" and press "OK".
- "Reset" > "OK" > "OK"
Turning telephones off
- Turn all of the cordless telephones off.
Restarting the FRITZ!Box
- Click "System" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Backup" or "Reset" in the "System" menu.
- Click on the "Restart" tab (if available).
- Click the "Restart" button.
Re-registering all telephones
- Use the wizard to register all of the cordless telephones with the FRITZ!Box.