FRITZ!Fon C4 Service - Knowledge Base
Loading the FRITZ!Box factory settings
When you load the factory settings, all of the individual settings you made in the FRITZ!Box are deleted. It makes sense to load the factory settings if you are going to use the FRITZ!Box at a different location or are planning to pass the FRITZ!Box on to another user, for example. In addition, this deletes incorrect settings that prevent the FRITZ!Box from functioning properly.
You can either use the user interface or a telephone connected to the FRITZ!Box to load the factory settings.
Requirements / Restrictions
- You cannot use an IP telephone, for example FRITZ!App Fon, to load the factory settings.
Note:The configuration procedure and notes on functions given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for your FRITZ!Box.
If you save the settings first, you can restore them after you load your factory settings. However, note that in this case incorrect settings may also be restored:
Saving data from the internal memory
- Click "Home Network" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Storage (NAS)" in the "Home Network" menu.
- If the option "Storage (NAS) enabled" is enabled, click "Internal memory".
- The contents of FRITZ!NAS are displayed.
- Mark the folders and files you would like to back up and click "Download".
- The data is now copied to the download order you specified.
- Save the FRITZ!Box settings.
2 Loading the factory settings with the user interface
- Click "System" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Backup" or "Reset" in the "System" menu.
- Click on the "Factory Settings" tab.
- Click the "Load Factory Settings" button.
3 Loading factory settings with a telephone
- Enter #991*15901590* on your telephone and press the call key (lift the receiver).
- Hang up again after about 3 seconds.