FRITZ!Fon C5 Service - Knowledge Base
Listening to Internet radio
With your FRITZ!Fon, you can receive radio broadcasts over the Internet from radio stations all over the world.
Requirements / Restrictions
- The FRITZ!Fon must be registered with a FRITZ!Box.
- No DECT repeaters from other manufacturers are registered with the FRITZ!Box.
- The Internet radio station must be saved in the playlist format "pls" or "m3u" and point to an mp3 stream. Other formats cannot be played.
Note:The configuration procedure and notes on functions given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for your FRITZ!Box.
1 Enabling encryption
DECT encryption must be enabled in order to use the convenience functions offered by your FRITZ!Fon:
- Click "DECT" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Base Station" in the "DECT" menu.
- Enable the option "Permit only secure DECT connections (recommended)" in the "Security" section.
- Click "Apply" to save the settings.
- If the option was disabled, you must then restart the FRITZ!Box once using the user interface ("System > Backup or Reset > Restart").
2 Setting up Internet radio
A number of Internet radio stations are already preset in the FRITZ!Box. You can easily add additional stations:
- Click "Home Network" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Media Server" in the "Home Network" menu.
- Click on the "Web Radio" tab.
- From the drop-down list, either select a preconfigured radio station or select the entry "Other web radio station..." if the desired station is not included in the list.
Note:If you select a preconfigured station, it is then automatically configured. Click the "Edit" button after the entry if you would like to change the following settings later.
- Enter a name for the radio station in the "Name" field.
- Enter the address of the radio station in the "Web address" field.
Note:Links to many Internet radio stations can be found at www.shoutcast.com, for example. You can copy the addresses of the stations and use the context menu to paste them into the corresponding field.
- If several FRITZ!Fons are registered with the FRITZ!Box, select the telephones you would like to make the radio station available on.
- Click "OK" to save the settings.
3 Listening to Internet radio
- Press the "Menu" key on the telephone.
- Scroll to "Internet services" and press "OK".
- "Internet radio" > "OK"
- Select a radio station and press "OK".