FRITZ!Fon MT-F Service - Knowledge Base
Setting up room monitoring (baby monitor)
You can set up your FRITZ!Fon as a baby monitor and then use it for room monitoring. When room monitoring is enabled, the telephone automatically calls another telephone connected to the FRITZ!Box or an external line (for example in the neighboring apartment) when a certain noise level is reached.
Requirements / Restrictions
- The FRITZ!Fon must be registered with a FRITZ!Box.
1 Setting up the telephone
- Press the "Menu" key on the telephone.
- Scroll to "Supplementary services" and press "OK".
- "Baby monitor" > "OK"
- "Destination no." > "OK"
- If a telephone connected to the FRITZ!Box should be called, press "Options" and select the internal telephone number or the corresponding telephone book entry.
- If an external line should be called, enter the destination number or press "Options" and select the corresponding telephone book entry.
- Select "Activation" and press "OK".
- Select "Options", define the sensitivity, and press "OK". A notification call is triggered as soon as the bar is completely filled. The higher the sensitivity, the lower the level of ambient noise required to fill it.
- Position the telephone as desired.
- Room monitoring is disabled as soon as you leave the "Baby Monitor active" menu. When room monitoring is enabled, the telephone switches to silent mode and does not ring when you receive a call.