FRITZ!Fon MT-F Service - Knowledge Base
FRITZ!Fon's battery only lasts a maximum of one day
Although FRITZ!Fon's battery has been fully charged, it only has a runtime (standby time) of one day maximum. After that, the telephone must be placed in the charging cradle or it turns off.
Simply proceed as described below. After each measure, check whether the problem persists.
1 Installing the latest software
- Install the latest software on the telephone.
2 Charging the battery
- Leave the telephone in the charging cradle for at least 6 hours to completely charge the battery. Make sure that the symbol for "Charging battery" appears on the display of the telephone.
3 Activating the power saving mode for battery operation
- Press the "Menu" key on the telephone.
- Scroll to "Settings" and press "OK".
- "Display" > "Power save"
- Enable the option "for battery operation".
4 Replacing the rechargeable battery
If the problem persists despite trying all of the measures given here, then the telephone's battery is defective. Therefore, replace the battery:
You can purchase a genuine replacement battery from an electronics retailer. Using so-called aftermarket batteries that are not originals, like the kind available over the internet, may damage your FRITZ!Fon.
Important:Rechargeable batteries wear out because they are subject to a natural aging process as physical and chemical changes occur within the battery; this is why they are not covered by the warranty (see warranty in the manual).