FRITZ!Fon MT-F Service - Knowledge Base
Assigning display names to telephone numbers
You can assign display names to telephone numbers in the FRITZ!Box. These are then shown in your telephone's display when making and receiving calls. The display name tells you which number was used to call or which number a caller dialed.
1 Activating text information in the FRITZ!Box
- Enter #960*2* on your telephone and press the call key (lift the receiver).
- Hang up again after about 3 seconds.
Note:To deactivate the display of text information, enter #960*0*.
2 Assigning display names in the FRITZ!Box
- Click "Telephony" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Telephone Numbers" in the "Telephony" menu.
- Click the button (Edit) for the respective telephone number.
- Enter a name of your choice in the "Display name" field. If the field is not displayed, enable the Advanced View first.
You can enter "VOIP_12345", "provider_12345, "office", "private" or "12345" as the display name for the internet telephone number 12345.
- Click "OK" to save the settings.