FRITZ!Powerline 1240E Service - Knowledge Base
Connecting FRITZ!Powerline with the home network via LAN
Connect FRITZ!Powerline to your router (for example FRITZ!Box) via LAN to easily and efficiently expand your home network with a single FRITZ!Powerline adapter. Since the powerline adapter is connected to the router using a network cable, you can position it within or outside the wireless range of the router. Alternatively, you can use FRITZ!Powerline as a powerline or wireless LAN bridge.
If FRITZ!Powerline and the wireless router use identical wireless settings, wireless devices can automatically connect with the wireless network with the strongest signal (wireless roaming).
Fig.: Connection scenario for LAN bridge mode
Note:The configuration procedure and notes on functions given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for FRITZ!Powerline.
1 Loading the FRITZ!Powerline factory settings
If you just purchased FRITZ!Powerline and have not changed any settings yet, it is not necessary to load the factory settings:
- Load the FRITZ!Powerline's factory settings.
2 Connecting FRITZ!Powerline with the router
- Use a network cable to connect FRITZ!Powerline to a LAN port on the router.
3 Configuring FRITZ!Powerline as a LAN bridge
- Click "Access to Home Network" in the FRITZ!Powerline user interface.
- Click the "Change type of connection" button in the "Access to Home Network" menu.
- Enable the option "LAN bridge" and click "Next".
- Select which IP settings FRITZ!Powerline should use and click "Next".
- Accept the preset wireless settings of the FRITZ!Powerline adapter or define individual wireless settings and click "Next".
Important:To ensure optimal security, the password should be at least 20 characters long and contain capital and lower-case letters (but not letters such as ä, ë, ö, ü, é, í), digits, and other characters.
- Click "Finish" to save the settings.
4 Integrating FRITZ!Powerline into the Mesh
- Briefly push the connect button on your FRITZ!Powerline (for about 1 second). All of the LEDs start to flash after you release the connect button.
FRITZ!Powerline model Connect button FRITZ!Powerline 1260E Connect FRITZ!Powerline 1240E WLAN - WPS
Powerline - Security
FRITZ!Powerline 546E WLAN · WPS FRITZ!Powerline 540E
- Within 2 minutes: Push and hold the connect button on the FRITZ!Box until its confirmation LED lights up. Other LEDs may also light up.
FRITZ!Box model Connect button Confirmation LED FRITZ!Box 7590, 7530 Connect / WPS Connect / WPS FRITZ!Box 7580, 4040 WPS Info FRITZ!Box 7560, 7362 SL WLAN Info FRITZ!Box 7490, 5491 WLAN WPS Info FRITZ!Box 6591, 6590 Connect / WPS Info
- The process is complete as soon as FRITZ!Powerline is marked with the Mesh symbol in the Mesh overview of the FRITZ!Box.