FRITZ!Powerline 1240E Service - Knowledge Base
Connecting FRITZ!Powerline with the home network via wireless LAN
Connect FRITZ!Powerline with your home network over wireless LAN to easily and efficiently increase the wireless range (WiFi) of your wireless router (for example FRITZ!Box). Alternatively, you can use FRITZ!Powerline as a powerline or LAN bridge.
Fig.: Connection scenario for wireless bridge mode
Note:The configuration procedure and notes on functions given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for FRITZ!Powerline.
1 Loading the FRITZ!Powerline factory settings
If you just purchased FRITZ!Powerline and have not changed any settings yet, it is not necessary to load the factory settings:
- Load the FRITZ!Powerline's factory settings.
2 Connecting FRITZ!Powerline with the router
- Use a network cable to connect FRITZ!Powerline to a LAN port on the router.
3 Setting up FRITZ!Powerline as a wireless bridge
- Click "Access to Home Network" in the FRITZ!Powerline user interface.
- Click the "Change type of connection" button in the "Access to Home Network" menu.
- Enable the option "Wireless bridge" and click "Next".
- In the list "Radio Networks (WLANs) Found", select the name (SSID) of your wireless router and click "Next".
- Enter the wireless settings and click "Next".
- Click "Finish" to save the settings.
- The "WLAN" LED on FRITZ!Powerline remains lit as soon as the configuration is concluded.
- Clear the LAN connection between FRITZ!Powerline and wireless router.
4 Integrating FRITZ!Powerline into the Mesh
- Briefly push the connect button on your FRITZ!Powerline (for about 1 second). All of the LEDs start to flash after you release the connect button.
FRITZ!Powerline model Connect button FRITZ!Powerline 1260E Connect FRITZ!Powerline 1240E WLAN - WPS
Powerline - Security
FRITZ!Powerline 546E WLAN · WPS FRITZ!Powerline 540E
- Within 2 minutes: Push and hold the connect button on the FRITZ!Box until its confirmation LED lights up. Other LEDs may also light up.
FRITZ!Box model Connect button Confirmation LED FRITZ!Box 7590, 7530 Connect / WPS Connect / WPS FRITZ!Box 7580, 4040 WPS Info FRITZ!Box 7560, 7362 SL WLAN Info FRITZ!Box 7490, 5491 WLAN WPS Info FRITZ!Box 6591, 6590 Connect / WPS Info
- The process is complete as soon as FRITZ!Powerline is marked with the Mesh symbol in the Mesh overview of the FRITZ!Box.
5 Finding the ideal location for FRITZ!Powerline
To optimally increase the range, FRITZ!Powerline requires a fast and stable wireless connection to the home network:
- Position the FRITZ!Powerline adapter where the quality of the home network's wireless signal is good.
Note:If you have an Android smartphone or tablet, you can use FRITZ!App WLAN to find the ideal position for the FRITZ!Powerline adapter.