FRITZ!Powerline 1240E Service - Knowledge Base
- FRITZ!Box 7590
- FRITZ!Box 7560
- FRITZ!Box 7490
- FRITZ!Box 7430
- FRITZ!Box 7390
- FRITZ!Box 7360
- FRITZ!Box 7340
- FRITZ!Box 7330
- FRITZ!Box 7272
- FRITZ!Box 6890 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6840 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6820 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6810 LTE
Forgot password for the FRITZ!Powerline user interface
You can protect the user interface of your FRITZ!Powerline against unauthorized access with your own password. If you forgot the password, reset it or load the factory settings. Then you can log in again and set a new password.
1 Using the FRITZ!Box password
If you did not assign a password for the FRITZ!Powerline user interface, it takes on the password and, if applicable, the user name, of the FRITZ!Box when you set it up. In this case, use the FRITZ!Box password to log on.
2 Resetting the password
If you set up the "forgot password" push service, you can have FRITZ!Powerline send you an email with an access link that can be used to reset the password:
- Open the FRITZ!Powerline user interface.
- Click the "Forgot your password?" link.
- Click the "Send Push Service Mail" button. If the button is not displayed, proceed with the following section. The "forgot password" push service is not configured.
- Call up the email with the same device you used to request the push service mail and follow the instructions in the email.
- If you do not receive an email, continue with the next section. Either the the email account information entered for the push service is not correct, or FRITZ!Powerline is not connected to the internet.
3 Loading the factory settings
- Load the FRITZ!Powerline's factory settings.