FRITZ!Powerline 1240E Service - Knowledge Base
- FRITZ!Box 7340
- FRITZ!Box 7330
- FRITZ!Box 7272
- FRITZ!Box 6890 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6840 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6820 LTE
Wireless settings cannot be changed
FRITZ!Powerline's wireless settings cannot be changed when it is in "powerline bridge" or "LAN bridge" mode. This means that you cannot save a new wireless key or disable the MAC address filter, for example. When you click "Apply", the previous settings are displayed again.
- The web browser settings are preventing a pop-up window from appearing in which the changed settings are displayed so they can be printed. FRITZ!Powerline does not save the new settings for security reasons.
Adjusting the web browser settings
Configure an exception for FRITZ!Powerline in your web browser's pop-up blocker:
- Google Chrome
- Click the button (Customize and control Google Chrome) on the top right of Chrome.
- Click "Settings" and then "Extensions".
- Click "Options" for the pop-up blocker you are using.
- Enter fritz.powerline as an exception and close the "Extensions" window.
- Mozilla Firefox
- Click the (Open menu) button on the top right of Firefox.
- Click "Options”.
- Click "Privacy & Security" in the menu on the top left of the screen.
- In the "Permissions" section, click the "Exceptions" button next to the option "Block pop-up windows".
- Enter fritz.powerline under "Address of website".
- Click "Allow" and then "Save changes".
- Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Click the button (Tools) on the top right of the Internet Explorer.
- Click "Pop-up Blocker" and then "Pop-up Blocker Settings".
- Enter fritz.powerline under "Address of website to allow".
- Click "Add" and then "Close".