FRITZ!WLAN Repeater 1750E Service - Knowledge Base
Attempt to set up a wireless connection to the FRITZ!Box fails
Although WPS was used to set up the wireless connection between the FRITZ!WLAN Repeater and FRITZ!Box, the repeater's signal strength LEDs flash constantly and the connection is not established.
Important:If you are using a different wireless router that does not support the WPS procedure instead of a FRITZ!Box, follow the instructions in this guide.
Simply proceed as described below. After each measure, check whether the problem persists.
1 Disabling keylock for the FRITZ!Box
Keylock must be disabled so that the FRITZ!Box can initiate the WPS procedure. Therefore, make sure that keylock is disabled:
- Click "System" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Buttons and LEDs" in the "System" menu.
- Click on the "Keylock" tab.
- Disable the keylock.
- Click "Apply" to save the settings.
2 Enabling the WPS function of the FRITZ!Box
To register the FRITZ!WLAN Repeater with the FRITZ!Box using WPS, you must enable the WPS function in the FRITZ!Box and select the correct WPS method:
- Click "Wireless" ("WLAN") in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Security" in the "Wireless" ("WLAN") menu.
- Click on the "WPS Quick Connection" tab.
- Enable WPS.
- Select "Push-Button method (WPS-PBC, Push Button Configuration)" and click "Start WPS".
Now the FRITZ!Box is configured so that you can use WPS to register the FRITZ!WLAN Repeater.