In het downloadgedeelte vind je gratis updates voor je FRITZ!-product. Selecteer je product en profiteer na het downloaden van nieuwe functies en uitbreidingen van onze ontwikkelingsafdeling. Deze inhoud is beschikbaar in het Engels.
Info on FRITZ!Box 7430
Attention: This update file is only intended for use with FRITZ!Box 7430! Please follow the instructions at the end of this file to install the update.
Product: FRITZ!Box 7430 Version: FRITZ!OS 7.12 Language: English, French, German, Italian, Polish, Spanish Release date: 31/07/2019
- Over 50 new features and improvements: more performance and convenience in the wireless network, Mesh and Smart Home
- Seamlessly connected in the Mesh: Mesh WiFi steering, shared telephone book and Smart Home
- Well informed: Important information arrives simply and directly at the email address of your MyFRITZ! account
- New in the internet: more information on DSL, faster LTE and expanded VPN functions
- Added value for FRITZ!Fon: easy sharing of access to the wireless guest access, direct blocking of telephone numbers, and much more
- Practical to operate: quick overview of updates for FRITZ! products, LEDs can be switched off
- Stronger support for new products: FRITZ!Repeater 3000 and FRITZ!DECT 400 Smart Home switch
Note: Instructions for configuring and using Mesh functions are presented at en.avm.de/mesh-faq
Below you find a complete list and descriptions of the new functions in the latest FRITZ!OS, along with a list of further improvements in this version.
Additional improvements in FRITZ!OS 07.12
- Improved Certain information adapted on DSL pages
- Improved 35b interoperability to certain Broadcom remote sites improved
- Fixed Sporadic change of shared ports in rare cases
- Improved Increased stability
- Fixed Time display for scan of wireless environment (5-GHz band) corrected
- Fixed Mesh WiFi steering for devices on the wireless guest access improved
- Improved Stablity
- Fixed Playback of voice messages on myfritz.box failed in iOS and macOS
- Fixed Possible crash during use of call diversions
- Fixed ISDN data calls no longer worked with FRITZ!OS 7.10/7.11
- Fixed PIN query came despite disabled PIN
- Fixed Powerline information of a FRITZ!Powerline device connected with the FRITZ!Box via LAN were missing in the "Device Details" area
- Improved Stability
- Improved Browser compatibility optimized for saving table renderings locally
- Fixed Push Service could not be disabled
- Fixed Push Service for saving settings deleted the sender settings
- Fixed During assignment of VPN rights for the current user, under certain circumstances this user's other rights were removed
- Fixed Update in progress on FRITZ!Repeaters was displayed for too long in the "Mesh Overview"
New Features in FRITZ!OS 7.10
- NEW A DSL data rate considerably higher than the speed of the internet connection given by the provider can now be reduced to a lower value in order to improve stability
- NEW Mesh WiFi steering can automatically direct devices (smartphones or computers, for instance) to the best Mesh WiFi Repeater (access point steering)
- NEW The FRITZ!DECT 400 Smart Home switch can be used on every FRITZ!Box in the Mesh
- NEW All FRITZ!Boxes in the Mesh now have a shared telephone book at their disposal
-NEW Support for SIP trunking from Deutsche Telekom, dus.net, easybell, envia Tel and EWE/swb/osnatel
- NEW Support for DECT door intercom systems (manufactured by Telegärtner)
- NEW Very easy to offer wireless guest access: Display the account data or initiate WPS on the handset
- NEW Block incoming telephone calls directly from the handset call lists
- NEW Fast accessibility to Smart Home devices as favorites
- NEW Configure and delete call diversion settings directly from the handset menu
- NEW Graphic display of home network connections when editing the connection of a network device
- NEW For the FRITZ!DECT 400 Smart Home switch, pressing a button longer can trigger a second switching action
- NEW Now a "Template" option is available as an additional switching option for FRITZ!DECT 400
- NEW FRITZ!Box sends information on certain events to the email address of your MyFRITZ! account
- NEW All LEDs on the device can now be switched off in the user interface
- NEW Display of the available updates for the FRITZ! products connected in the home network on the Overview page
- NEW Higher data rates possible through support for the Mobile Broadband Interface Model (MBIM) (for instance, W1208 from 4G Systems)
- NEW Push Service for sending received text messages
With each FRITZ!OS update, AVM also updates its security functions. Therefore we recommend performing the update for all devices.
Additional improvements in FRITZ!OS 07.10
- Improved Approximate line length displayed in the DSL Overview
- Change For VDSL vectoring connections, manufacturer of the DSL central exchange (DSLAM) named in the user interface
- Improved Now domain names can be specified for VPN connections that are resolved via the tunnel
- Improved For VPN connections, the remote network is displayed in the network even after the connection has been cleared
- Improved Now any names can be specified for VPN connections
- Improved A VPN connection can now transfer the entire network traffic (VPN full tunneling, default route via VPN tunnel)
- Improved Better VPN connection negotiation
- Improved VPN LAN-LAN linkup of a FRITZ!Box on a DS Lite connection possible to IPv4 remote sites
- Improved Various changes for importing a VPN settings file
- Improved More devices possible in the guest access (and wireless hot spot): assigned IP addresses now reserved for only 6 hours (DHCP lease time, configurable)
- Improved FRITZ!Box no longer repeats an attempt to register with MyFRITZ! if the confirmation link sent by email was not clicked
- Change For Vodafone, also consideration of first configuration on fiber optic connections
- Change For activation of internet access to the FRITZ!Box via HTTPS, TCP number selected randomly
- Change Transfer rate of the internet connection on the WAN port entered in Mbit/s instead of Kbit/s
- Change For connections from Telekom, "Zuhause Start" connections now called "MagentaZuhause Regio Tarif"
- Fixed "Standard" and "Guest" access profiles, configurable under Filters, contained a budget setting that was not supported
- Fixed Settings from the window for VPN settings could not be copied
- Fixed Under port sharing it was not possible to enter the IPv6 interface ID 0:0:0:0:*
- Fixed Switch of type of connection from IP client to internet router generated illegal IP settings
- Fixed Releasing a port on a dual-stack connection (IPv4 and IPv6) for sharing with a device configured only for IPv4 sometimes failed
- Fixed Internet connection failed after switching internet provider via mobile network to existing connection via wireless LAN . Fixed In rare cases a device in the wireless guest access via a repeater was not assigned an IP address
- Fixed Misleading message úpon disabling internet access to the FRITZ!Box via HTTPS
- Fixed Port sharing for destination IP addresses in the form 192.168.*.127 was not possible
- Fixed Port sharing for IPv6 could not be enabled for internet connections with a prefix length /64
- Fixed VPN LAN-LAN linkup to fixed IP addresses did not work (IKE error 0x2005)
- Fixed Additional characters transmitted during download of the FRITZ!Box certificate under FRITZ!Box services
- Fixed Registration with MyFRITZ! could be instable when upper-case letters were used in the email address of the MyFRITZ! account
- Fixed With IPv6 and FRITZ!Box users without the right to access from the internet, access from the home network via FTP to storage (NAS) shared in the home network could fail
- Fixed Guest network block was not applied in individual access profiles configured in parental controls
- Improved The wireless radio network table of known wireless devices was reworked
- Improved For devices that support the wireless protocols 802.11v/k (smartphones or computers, for instance), improved automatic steering into the 2.4-GHz or 5-GHz band (band steering)
- Change For wireless devices in the radio network, the property 802.11k displayed only when the scope of performance is sufficient (beacon report)
- Change New report in event log on problems with "protected logins from wireless devices (PMF)"
- Change The radio channel settings option for automatic steering of wireless devices now also offers Mesh WiFi steering
- Fixed "Wireless LAN coexistence" option now works reliably again (2.4 GHz)
- Fixed When one wireless frequency band is switched off, the radio network of the other frequency band is no longer interrupted
- Fixed Line breaks on the captive portal for the wireless guest access were not saved
- Fixed Wireless LAN settings (channel, wireless standard, etc.) no longer selectable when disabled
- Fixed On the "Wireless / Radio Network" page, wireless devices that are not connected are no longer listed in the table only with a marking for the 2.4-GHz band
- Improved Display of important notifications for secure, reliable operation on all FRITZ!OS products in the Mesh (with red "Info"' LED and on start page)
- Improved Smart Home templates can now be used on every FRITZ!Box in the Mesh This allows actions like "Everything off" to be applied to all FRITZ!Boxes in the Mesh
- Improved Information on Mesh proved in the FRITZ!Box push service mail
- Improved New message in event log on wireless devices that were reregistered because of Mesh steering
- Improved Notice on Mesh Overview about FRITZ!Repeaters or FRITZ!Powerline devices that can still be integrated into the Mesh
- Improved Home network access of the FRITZ!Repeater 3000 optimized for performance in wireless bridge mode
- Improved The name assigned to a Mesh Repeater in the Mesh or Network Overview is applied as its "Repeater name". The user interface of the Mesh Repeater can then be accessed with http://assigned_name
- Change Mesh designation of the Powerline devices without wireless function that participate in the Mesh
- Change Device names of FRITZ!OS devices in the Mesh are adopted from the Mesh Master as push service sender names
- Change During configuration of telephony in the Mesh, the "landline enabled" setting on the Mesh Repeater is switched off
- Fixed Distribution of wireless LAN settings in the Mesh erroneous in rare situations
- Fixed The battery status of Smart Home devices was occasionally displayed incorrectly on the user interface of a Mesh Repeater
- Fixed If a FRITZ!Box configured as a Mesh Repeater was removed from telephony, this change was not applied until the Mesh Master restarted
- Fixed Telephony messages (Message Waiting Indication, MWI) were not passed on to the Mesh Repeater with the right dialed telephone number
- Fixed Type of an existing call diversion could not be changed from the initial setting
- Fixed In isolated cases, conversations were incorrectly negotiated with voice compression
- Fixed Telephony messages (Message Waiting Indication, MWI, RFC 3842) were switched off when adding/editing internet telephone numbers
- Fixed Error in display of contact groups from Google contacts when their names contained "&"
- Fixed While copying an existing telephone book the setting for "important person" was not adopted
- Improved Titles from the media player played on the handset can now be fast forwarded and rewound
- Improved https supported even for live images, for instance for images from a door intercom system
- Improved Playback compatibility of https web radio and podcast streams
- Improved Faster zapping between radio stations
- Fixed Occasional rhythmic sound disruptions when playing web radio
- Improved Change to radio network name now optional when setting the FRITZ!Box name
- Change Podcasts preset for the media server updated. Also applies to FRITZ!Fon
- Fixed Failure to set up a home network connection for certain interfaces in the MyFRITZ!App
- Fixed Problem with DNS resolution of local home network devices when using DHCP without host name
- Fixed In some rare cases it was not possible to set LAN ports to 100 Mbit/s (Green mode)
- Improved Better illustrations of temperature profile in push service (email)
- Change Updated the AHA-HTTP-APU programming interface. https://www.avm.de/schnittstellen
- Fixed In rare cases the sunrise/sunset function did not work reliably
- Fixed Error when setting the temperature for a group
- Improved Optimized treatment of NTFS-formatted storage media
- Fixed In some cases new files were indexed incompletely or not at all
- Improved User interface permanently saves the desired sorting of a table by column
- Improved Dual-band wireless devices were displayed in the overview only with 2.4 GHz
- Change Push service sends important messages from the FRITZ!Box only to the recipient of the FRITZ!Box Info mail
- Change The FRITZ!Box user ftpuser is no longer created ex works (or after restoring the factory settings). One FRITZ!Box user must be created for sharing of storage media (NAS) in the home network
- Change Updated the TR-064 programming interface. See http://www.avm.de/schnittstellen
- Fixed Update with FRITZ!OS file could fail with an IPv6 connection to the FRITZ!Box
- Fixed No import of settings possible when "Magenta Cloud" was enabled
- Change Huawei 3372 mobile communications dongle switched from USB tethering to interne connection via mobile network. The mobile network PIN and provider must be entered once under "Internet / Mobile Network"
- Change Support of outdated TLS 1.0 standard to secure FRITZ!OS services in the server role switched off
- Change Length of DH parameter extended to 2048 bit for FRITZ!OS services in the server role
New Features in FRITZ!OS 7.00
- NEW register for regular status updates for your FRITZ!Box (MyFRITZ! report)
- NEW MyFRITZ! internet access to the FRITZ!Box without a warning from the browser (SSL certificate from Let's Encrypt)
- NEW The FRITZ!Box configured as Mesh Master transfers your telephone numbers to an additional FRITZ!Box as a Mesh Repeater.
- NEW Scheduling function for call diversion
- NEW Telephone numbers can be blocked or added to your contacts directly from the call list
- NEW Support for Deutsche Telekom SIP Trunking (DeutschlandLAN SIP Trunk / SIP Trunk Pooling)
- NEW FRITZ!Fon phone number display shows region and country area codes
- NEW Now five different ring tones of your own can be selected for FRITZ!Fon
- NEW FRITZ!Fon start screen event log: received faxes are displayed
- NEW FRITZ!Fon Smart Home start screen now scrollable to display more Smart Home devices
- NEW Expanded registration mode for (re-)registration of all devices known to the FRITZ!Box, for instance, after switching to a new FRITZ!Box
- NEW FRITZ!Box supports software updates for compatible handsets from other manufacturers (CAT-iq SUOTA)
- NEW FRITZ!Fon supports updates for FRITZ!Box (can also be protected with a PIN)
- NEW Separate volume controls for the alarm sound
- NEW FRITZ!Fon media player: save and load playlists as .xsfp files via FRITZ!NAS
- NEW Jump to next/last title when playing podcasts on your FRITZ!Fon
- NEW Support for Speedphone 11 from Deutsche Telekom
- NEW User interface with new Home Network -> "Mesh" menu for all settings concerning Mesh
- NEW Mesh Home Network Overview also shows telephone and Smart Home connections complete with topology and connection quality
- NEW In the ex works settings, a second FRITZ!Box connected via Ethernet becomes a Mesh repeater at the push of a button (WPS)
- NEW Switch for IP client or router operation in the network settings area
- NEW Switch for the function of the FRITZ!Box in the home network (Mesh operating mode) as Mesh Master or Mesh Repeater in the Home Network>Mesh>Mesh Settings and WLAN areas
- NEW Mesh events added to the event messages
- NEW The settings for push services, auto updates and AVM services are applied to the entire Mesh WiFi
More information on the new features for Mesh is presented at "New features for Mesh" More information on configuration and using Mesh is presented at en.avm.de/mesh-faq
- NEW With a "FRITZ! Hotspot it's easier than ever to give guests WiFi access in public places such as bars, restaurants, doctor's practices etc. For details, see Wireless / Guest Access.
- NEW Improved wireless security through support of activated Protected Management Frames (PMF)
- NEW Support for DECT ULE/HAN FUN
With each FRITZ!OS update, AVM also updates its security functions. Therefore we recommend performing the update for all devices.
Additional improvements in FRITZ!OS 7.01
- Fixed Datarates shown at different places in the user interface have not always been identical
- Fixed possible interop problem when using G.INP and SRA on ADSL lines
- Fixed Online-Monitor was not showing downloads from Wifi-Guest devices correctly
- Fixed On the MyFRITZ!-page of the FRITZ!Box (myfritz.box) changing the user-mail-adress was offered, even if no user was logged in
- Fixed wrong display on DSL-Settings after recovering of Powerline-settings
- Fixed Importing vpn settings failed in certain scenarios
- Fixed Creating a vpn-user with NAS-rights required double confirmation
- Changed global filter settings now include Windows proxy detection
- Improved added unique name to FRITZ!Box in Mesh Repeater mode
- Fixed wrong display of Mesh-Overview in Edge browser
- Fixed Smart home devices did not show on a Mesh Repeater's user interface
- Fixed Google authenticator: setup did not work with space in name
- Fixed Diagnostic - Security page did not show when language was set to english
- Fixed Missing entries in diagnostic page when using UTML-fallback
- Fixed missing error message when Smart home device with empty battery detected
- Fixed new voice messages could not be played on myfritz.box when using iOS or macOS
- Fixed when setting up call forwaring the wrong options were greyed out
- Fixed when setting up a new telephone number going back was impossible after failed test
- Fixed setting up new sip numbers was not possible when country was set to Italy
- Fixed it was impossible to edit an existing SIP number
- Fixed some IP phones could not register after update to FRITZ!OS 7 ('422 Session Intervall too Small')
- Improved Connection of Wifi-repeater with activated protected management frames (PMF)
- Improved Stability
- Fixed When changing operation mode to "repeater" the Wifi LED would continiously flash
- Fixed removed "inspecting chanel" in description of 2.4Ghz Wifi monitor graphic (Zero Wait-DFS only exists on 5 Ghz)
- Fixed problem when changing WLAN-coexistence setting in Mesh repeater mode
- Fixed wrong access type was shown when in Mesh repeater mode
- Fixed possible problems when reenabeling 2.4Ghz radio
- Fixed in some cases the connection would break, when chaning encrypten in bridge mode
- Fixed after updating to FRITZ!OS 7.00 auto-channel was reactived in some cases
- Fixed System - Eventlog did some times show wrong data rate
- Fixed guest access did not work on Mesh repeater after Wifi was restarted on the mesh master
- Fixed when playing media via the FRITZ!NAS media player, playback stopped after 20 minutes
- Fixed missing error message when trying to play incompatible media file
- Fixed in mobile view it was impossible to change or delete shares
- Fixed wrong DSL status display in fallback mode
- Fixed connection status was wrong with activated tethering
- Fixed wrong presentation while detecting and optimizing powerline interference with VDSL
Additional improvements in FRITZ!OS 7.00
- IMPROVED Option for checking and, if necessary, remedying detected interference from powerline to VDLS
- IMPROVED Improvements for supervectoring (35b)
- IMPROVED Display of internet connections on the Overview page also includes WAN connections
- IMPROVED Simplified display for internet connections on the Overview page under Connections
- IMPROVED Function for removing the FRITZ!Box from the MyFRITZ! account (myfritz.net)
- IMPROVED Optimizations for data throughput
- IMPROVED Optimizations for DNS resolution
- Improved Optimized registration with MyFRITZ! (myfritz.net) also possible without enabling MyFRITZ! internet access, under Internet > MyFRITZ! Account
- *IMPROVED** SHA-2 support for VPN connections
- IMPROVED Filter for port 25 (unsecured mail sending) also effective for the Guest Access (Wireless LAN/LAN)
- CHANGE Connections to 1&1 lines also with Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6 and IPv4 Dual Stack)
- CHANGE Connections to Vodafone lines also with Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6 and IPv4 Dual Stack)
- CHANGE Type of internet connection "existing connection via wireless LAN" also supports non-encrypted wireless LAN
- CHANGE Parental controls no longer differentiate between Windows users
- CHANGE Devices blocked for internet use in the parental controls can be reached via VPN
- CHANGE Internet service provider "GMX" removed
- CHANGE FRITZ!Box devices in IP client mode (as for connection to existing network) can be registered with myfritz.net
- CHANGE Certificate signed by letsencrypt.org (for MyFRITZ! addresses)
- BUG FIX "Default user already exists" message when configuring parental controls
- BUG FIX Possible circumvention of time limits defined in parental controls
- BUG FIX Circumvention of parental controls for certain blocked websites
- BUG FIX The LAN ports were switched for VPN LAN-LAN linkup
- BUG FIX Improved VPN interoperability
- BUG FIX VPN user connections not displayed in the home network overview
- BUG FIX MyFRITZ! FTP links corrected
- BUG FIX MyFRITZ! access or device with MyFRITZ! access could not be deleted under certain circumstances
- BUG FIX Error while entering an already assigned IP address for a new device for port sharing
- BUG FIX No IPv4 port sharing for devices with IPv6 interface ID during IPv4 internet connection without IPv6
- BUG FIX IPv6 NAS sharing link could not be used
- BUG FIX Google DynDNS service not supported
- BUG FIX Static IP address with /31 network mask not possible
- IMPROVED Redesigned administration of call blocks for incoming calls (telephone numbers)
- IMPROVED Optimized management of telephone books
- IMPROVED Playback of web radio and podcasts with HTTPS addresses on AVM devices (only if contents can be played back without encryption)
- BUG FIX Speedphone 500 could no longer make calls
- BUG FIX Possible error message (Error code 1) when IP address entered manually in the Device Details
- CHANGE Connection Statistics area for the powerline network moved from the Network Device Details to the Contents>FRITZ!Box Support area
- IMPROVED DFS wait times in the 5-GHz band optimized
- IMPROVED Band steering for wireless clients that support the 802.11v/k standards
- IMPROVED Display of wireless standards 802.11k and 802.11v as "Signal Properties" (for band steering)
- IMPROVED Display of frequency bands on Wireless LAN / Radio Channel page in the "Other radio networks in your vicinity" list
- IMPROVED Improved changing of SSID in Wireless Assistant during first configuration
- BuG FIX Selection of DFS channels in the 5 GHz band possible again in repeater mode
- BUG FIX Display of interference sources on Wireless LAN / Radio Channel page in the "Use of the Wireless LAN Channels" list
- BUG FIX The entire network environment of the base station is displayed in repeater mode
- IMPROVED Support for external temperature sensor to determine room temperature
- IMPROVED Push notification sent when an interrupted DECT connection is restored
- IMPROVED Error while saving Smart Home Device names
- CHANGE The "Login without password (not recommended) option in the FRITZ!Box user interface now requires pressing a button on the FRITZ!Box
- IMPROVED Function diagnostics shows insufficient memory for saving faxes and voice messages when USB storage is full
- CHANGE Display of port for Diagnostics & Maintenance
- NEW Additional confirmation for certain changes can now be performed using the Google Authenticator
- IMPROVED Redesigned Auto Update page
- IMPROVED Event protocol on the Mesh Master also contains all events on the other FRITZ! devices in the Mesh WiFi
- IMPROVED Push service sends mail after the update with additional information on the version and update progress
- IMPROVED Push service change notice now also includes information on the registration of a new DECT device
- IMPROVED Push service change notice on new devices in the home network now also includes information on new Mesh repeaters
- IMPROVED "New FRITZ!OS" push service mail now also includes planned time of for auto updates
- IMPROVED Optimized time synchronization (NTP) after internet dial-in
- IMPROVED Consent to "Diagnostics and Maintenance" does not include permission for software updates
- IMPROVED Simplified display for configuration of wireless LAN, LAN and WAN in the Interfaces area of the Overview menu
- IMPROVED Redesigned push services overview
- CHANGE For security reasons, the preconfigured user "ftpuser" can no longer be granted access from the internet
- CHANGE For FRITZ!Box users who are granted access from the Internet, the password must be different from the user name
- CHANGE The security of new password assignments must be rated at least "medium" or they will be rejected.
- CHANGE Additional confirmation for creating VPN connections
- *IMPROVED** Message notifying about possible detriment to FRITZ!Box functions when contents deleted from the FRITZ! folder
- BUG FIX System folders no longer indexed for the FRITZ! media server
- BUG FIX Internet via mobile network not offered for all detected 3G dongles during first configuration
New features for Mesh
General information on Mesh is presented at en.avm.de/mesh-networking.
Enabling the Mesh Function
To check whether a FRITZ! product is enabled for Mesh, see the Mesh Overview of the FRITZ!Box (the Mesh Master) under "fritz.box -> Home Network -> Mesh". Here the products in the Mesh are designated with a corresponding "Mesh active" symbol.
A FRITZ!WLAN Repeater or FRITZ!Powerline Adapter with FRITZ!OS 6.90 or higher installed can be enabled for Mesh in various ways:
- If the product has the ex works settings configured and is being connected with the FRITZ!Box for the first time, it will be automatically enabled for Mesh.
- If the product is already connected, but not enabled for Mesh, it is added to the Mesh by pressing a button on the product to be integrated and a button on the FRITZ!Box. On the FRITZ!Box, use the button that initiates WPS (depending on the model, press the "Connect" or "WPS" button briefly, or the "WLAN/WPS button for 6 seconds)
If you've received the second FRITZ!Box from your internet provider this feature may not work in some cases. Please configurate this FRITZ!Box as a mesh repeater by visit the FRITZ!Box GUI manually. Instructions for configuring a FRITZ!Box connected via wireless LAN as a Mesh Repeater are presented at en.avm.de/mesh-faq
Telephony Mesh and Smart Home Mesh
With FRITZ!OS 7.0, telephony and Smart Home are also compatible with the Mesh.
The connections of cordless telephones and Smart Home products are displayed in the FRITZ!Box Mesh Overview. You can use a second FRITZ!Box as Mesh repeater, and use telephones registered with the second FRITZ!Box with the numbers assigned in the first FRITZ!Box, the "Mesh Master".
Configuring a second FRITZ!Box as a Mesh repeater with the press of a button
- Your existing FRITZ!Box supports Mesh (FRITZ!OS 6.90 or higher). This box is the Mesh Master.
- The FRITZ!Box to be deployed as a Mesh repeater has been updated to FRITZ!OS 7.0 and you have restored its settings ex works. This box is to become the Mesh repeater.
- Connect the LAN1 port of the Mesh repeater with the Master using a LAN cable
- Initiate the Connect function on both boxes (7590: press the "Connect" button briefly; 7490: press and hold down the WLAN/WPS button for 6 seconds)
After the connection procedure is concluded, the second FRITZ!Box is ready for operation as a Mesh repeater. (It operates in "IP client" mode and, as a Mesh repeater, adopts the wireless LAN settings and other important settings from the FRITZ!Box).
Please note that this function can be used only if the second FRITZ!Box is permanently connected with the first box by LAN cable.
Instructions for configuring a FRITZ!Box connected via wireless LAN as a Mesh repeater are presented at en.avm.de/mesh-faq
Transmit the telephone numbers of a Mesh Master to another FRITZ!Box in the home network
Once you have added an additional FRITZ!Box to the Mesh, you can configure it so that all telephone numbers are available on each FRITZ!Box. If your FRITZ!Box is connected with a landline, you can use the telephones connected to the second FRITZ!Box to make calls over the internet as well as on the landline. If the latest FRITZ!OS 7.0 is installed on both FRITZ!Boxes, the telephone numbers are transferred automatically in the Mesh once the "Telephony in the Mesh" option is enabled.
If the new FRITZ!Box is already part of the Mesh, or if you have already set up telephone numbers there, these telephone numbers must be deleted and one of the two FRITZ!Boxes must be restarted.
Then the new FRITZ!Box must be enabled for "Telephony in the Mesh". To do so proceed as follows:
- Click on "Home Network" in the user interface of the Mesh Master.
- Click on "Mesh" in the "Home Network" menu.
- Click on the "Mesh Settings" tab.
- In the "Use Telephony in the Mesh" section, click on the "Enable" link next to the Mesh repeater in question and then confirm this operation on the Mesh Master as well, if prompted to do so.
The telephone numbers are now distributed in the Mesh and can be assigned to your telephones and other terminal equipment for telephony (for instance, answering machines) on the FRITZ!Box.
Note: Telephony Mesh is not the same thing as DECT repeating, which requires the support of special hardware on the FRITZ!Box deployed as the Mesh Master. If you would like to use DECT repeating, you can purchase the FRITZ!DECT Repeater 100 from an electronics retailer.
Display of 802.11k and 802.11v support on wireless devices
FRITZ!OS now displays wireless devices that support the wireless standards 802.11k and 802.11v directly in the user interface. Both standards are already widespread for wireless devices and are important prerequisites for the further development of Mesh WiFi for the fastest, lowest-interference, and most convenient control of wireless devices in Mesh environments To find out whether your wireless devices offer support for the 11k and/or 11v standards, see the "Properties" under the Wireless / Radio Network menu, or use the "Edit" function to display the properties of each wireless device.
Additional Innovations in FRITZ!OS 7.0
What's new for the FRITZ! Hotspot
The new FRITZ!OS 7.0 vmakes setting up and using the FRITZ! Hotspot even easier. It's now even easier for users to choose whether the wireless guest access should be provided as an open hotspot, or encrypted as a private hotspot. If an open hotspot is chosen, the guests do not need to enter a security key. Cafés, doctor's offices and small businesses, as well as all FRITZ!Box users, can provide their customers and visitors an easy-to-use internet access that complies with the current legal regulations. Whether it's private or public hotspot, guests cannot access the home network, but surf using a second wireless LAN provided by the FRITZ!Box.
Secure and Complete Control
The operator of the hotspot can decide which applications can be used in the guest network and which are prohibited. Daily email messages notify the operator of the hotspot about which devices were registered in the radio network and when. Another advantage is the option to reserve bandwidth. This options allows you to specify how much of the data rate is reserved for their own wireless LAN and how much is available to their guests.
Individual & Convenient
Increased speed when using USB storage media with NTFS data systems
If you're using USB sticks or flash drives on your FRITZ!Box that are formatted with the data system NTFS, you can benefit from increased speed during transmission. You don't have to do anything - just continue to use the existing USB storage media as before. To check what data system is used, go to Home Network -> USB Storage Media in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
New security feature in the wireless LAN: "Protected Management Frames (PMF)"
FRITZ!OS now supports additional security during registration of devices with the wireless LAN. "Protected Management Frames" ("PMF" for short) offer additional protection for the wireless connection during the setup phase. PMF is standardized according to IEEE 802.11w-2009 and is automatically offered to or negotiated with wireless devices that support this technology. The new feature is available in the user interface under Wireless > Security > Additional Security Settings.
Support for Telekom SIP Trunking
With FRITZ!OS AVM 7.0 provides support for the SIP trunking technology from Deutsche Telekom. For a few months now, Deutsche Telekom has been offering its business clients a SIP Trunk standard, making it easy to switch from ISDN to IP-based ports. The FRITZ!Box supports up to 20 direct inward dialing (DID) numbers for telephones connected directly to the FRITZ!Box. If a user's phone tariff contains more than 20 direct inward dialing numbers, these can be used with an ISDN PBX (Private Branch Exchange) for the system connection via the FRITZ!Box's internal S0 interface. With FRITZ!OS 7.0, the FRITZ!Box supports the "Deutschland LAN SIP Trunk" and "Deutschland LAN SIP Trunk Pooling" tariffs.
Detailed configuration instructions are presented in the following guide:
MyFRITZ! access to your FRITZ!Box via internet now without security messages in the browser
When you access the user interface of your FRITZ!Box from the internet, a security warning may be displayed in the browser. The new FRITZ!OS version enables your FRITZ!Box to receive a SSL certificate for your MyFRITZ! address from the organization letsencrypt.org. Browser access via the MyFRITZ! address to the interface of FRITZ!Box is no longer accompanied by a security warning, since most browsers trust the certificates from letsencrypt.org.
Proceed as follows:
- First you need to register your FRITZ!Box with MyFRITZ! (myfritz.net).
- Under "Internet / MyFRITZ! Account", enable the "Let's encrypt" optLet's Encryption.
- Confirm by clicking "Apply" and wait for the status "Certificate issued successfully".
Your FRITZ!Box has the certificate created for your MyFRITZ! address and uses it for browser access to this address, for example when you access your FRITZ!Box via your account on https://myfritz.net.
It's also possible to send links for FRITZ!NAS file sharing (for example photos) to third parties, who'll have access without annoying certificate warnings. This way, FRITZ!NAS becomes an even greater alternative to cloud storage services.
Note: To receive the certificate, the TCP port 443 of your FRITZ!Box is open for a few minutes. The certificate is currently valid for 60 days and is then renewed by the FRITZ!Box. HTTPS access to your FRITZ!Box via public or local IP address, "fritz.box" in the home network or over a DynDNS provider do not use the certificate from letsencrypt. MyFRITZ!App: After activation of the Let's Encrypt certificate in the FRITZ!Box, the MyFRITZ!App notifies you once about the change of the certificate fingerprint. Select "trust" to continue using the new certificate.
Option for assessing and, if necessary, remedying detected interference with VDSL from Powerline
In the Internet / DSL Information / Interference Resistance menu of the FRITZ!Box, any interference with VDSL that may have been caused by FRITZ!Powerline can be minimized. This process of checking and adjusting can take up to ten minutes. During this time, the load on the powerline connection may affect the network quality and internet connection. This procedure can be repeated to optimize the interaction of VDSL with a high-performance powerline installation step by step, and the adjustmented settings can be returned to their original configuration.
This option is available only if VDSL interference was detected that could have been caused by a FRITZ!Powerline product.
Support for DECT ULE/HAN FUN
DECT-ULE/HAN-FUN is a manufacturer-independent standard for Smart Home devices.
The following sensors passed testing with FRITZ!OS 7.0 to confirm that they work with HAN-FUN:
- SmartHome wall switches (https://www.smarthome.de/geraete/telekom-smarthome-wandtaster)
- SmartHome door/window sensor (https://www.smarthome.de/geraete/eurotronic-smarthome-tuer-fensterkontakt-optisch)
- SmartHome motion detector (https://www.smarthome.de/geraete/telekom-smarthome-bewegungsmelder-innen) Please note: The HAN-FUN devices are not supported by DECT repeaters. Other types of sensors can also be used as long as their manufacturers have declared them to be compatible with DECT-ULE/HAN-FUN. Actuators from the Telekom SmartHome product range are not supported at this time (e.g., InDoor/OutDoor adapter plugs, sirens).
Used in combination with a FRITZ!Box and the FRITZ!DECT 200/210 smart plug, they can be used to realize the following scenarios:
- Press wall switch => Outlet is switched => Light on/off
- Motion sensor triggered => Light on in the home/garage/yard
- Window sensor open/closed switches FRITZ!DECT 200 => connected humidifier / air purifier switches off/on
Please note during installation: The Telekom app cannot be used to install SmartHome devices to be deployed with a FRITZ!Box. The HAN-FUN devices are connected (paired) with the FRITZ!Box via the DECT button. In addition to the AVM Smart Home devices, a maximum of ten HAN-FUN devices can be registered with a FRITZ!Box.
After successful DECT pairing, the new devices are listed in the FRITZ!Box user interface (Home Network => Smart Home) as "HAN-FUN function xxx" and their properties can be configured accordingly.
Disclaimer: Due to the general conditions prevalent in radio technologies, as well as certain special product properties of products, AVM cannot guarantee the complete functionality of devices from other manufacturers.
Support for Speedphone 11 from Deutsche Telekom
With FRITZ!OS 7.0 it is possible to use a Speedphone 11 with advanced telephone functions with a FRITZ!Box. For this the software of the Speedphone 11 must be updated.
Please note: At the time of publication in July 2018, a corresponding update was forthcoming.
If the firmware version 4.01 is installed on your Speedphone 11, perform the following steps:
- Register the Speedphone 11 with the FRITZ!Box according to these instructions, during which the expanded security functions of the FRITZ!Box will be disabled briefly: https://avm.de/service/fritzbox/fritzbox-7590/wissensdatenbank/publication/show/3288_Speedphone-nach-Neustart-der-FRITZ-Box-abgemeldet/
- If a new Speedphone firmware is available for updating, it will be offered automatically. Alterntively, you can perform a manual check via the menu.
- Once the firmware has been updated (> version 4.01), the security functions disabled in step one should be reactivated in the FRITZ!Box.
- Re-register the Speedphone 11 with the FRITZ!Box.
The Speedphone 11 is now available for telephone services with DECT encryption enabled. The following features were tested successfully:
- caller ID display
- caller ID
- access to the FRITZ!Box address book
- call list
- use of the FRITZ!Box answering machine
Disclaimer: Due to the general conditions prevalent in radio technologies, as well as certain special product properties of products, AVM cannot guarantee the complete functionality of devices from other manufacturers.
Instructions for installing the update:
Use the update function offered in the user interface to install the update. This automatically offers you the right FRITZ!OS. Click "Wizards", select "Update" and then follow the instructions on the screen.
(c) AVM GmbH 2004-2018. All rights reserved.
This AVM firmware package contains files that are propagated under different licenses, in particular under a license held by AVM or under an open-source license (namely the GNU General Public License, GNU Lesser General Public License or FreeBSD License). For details on the various licenses, see the "license.txt" file (https://download.avm.de/fritzbox/license.txt). The source code of the files propagated as open source files can be obtained upon a written request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
AVM grants the non-exclusive right to use this AVM firmware package, which is supplied exclusively in object code format. The licensee may create only one copy of the software, which may be used exclusively for backup use. AVM reserves all rights that are not expressly granted to the licensee. Without previous approval in writing, and except for in cases permitted by law, it is particularly forbidden for this AVM firmware packet to be
- copied, propagated, or in any other manner made publicly accessible, or
- processed, disassembled, reverse engineered, translated, decompiled or in any other manner "opened" and subsequently copied, propagated or made publicly accessible in any other manner.